There are a lot of unknowns right now about the future of the Department of Education and the federal budget. Yet districts and schools have no choice but to move forward with budgeting for the 2017-18 school year and transitioning to ESSA.
Watch this hour-long webinar, orignially broadcast on April 20, 2017, to learn what is currently known about the budget and Department of Ed, as well as what some of the speculation may mean for education businesses.
Washington insider Doug Mesecar discusses:
- The status of FY 17 (current year) federal education funding: which programs are likely to be funded and at what levels, particularly for ESSA
- The outlook for FY 18 (coming year) federal education funding: programs and funding levels for existing programs and new ideas
- What the likely role of the US Department of Education will be in the distribution and monitoring of funds
- The likely impact on district budgets and purchasing, and the realities for vendors
- Bigger picture trends the education market